Your skylights do a fantastic job of bringing the beauty of Naples nature into your home. That’s why it’s so critical that a damaged light gets replaced quickly and correctly. Here are four tips for a stress-free skylight replacement so you can go back to admiring the nighttime sky.
When Skylight Replacement Makes Sense
Who wants to invest in new skylights when the original ones can still do the job? Deciding when to purchase replacement skylights isn’t always easy, but there are clues that tell you that it’s time. The skylight manufacturer, Solabrite, suggests that you replace your skylights when:
- Condensation continues to form on the glass
- Outside air gets into the house through the skylight
- A crack continues to expand over time
- Leaks let water into the structure
- You’re putting on a new roof
The best way to decide if you need new skylights is to have them inspected. A licensed roofing contractor, like Tornado Roofing & Contracting, can examine your light and advise you if a repair or replacement is essential for continued optimal performance. Contact us for a no-hassle Naples residential roof repair appointment today.
Four tips for a stress-free experience
No one wants to spend money replacing skylights. However, when the health of your home is at stake, you don’t have a choice. Here are four things that are sure to improve your skylight replacement experience.
- Choose a worthy contractor- Don’t waste your money on a shady contractor. Read here for the Better Business Bureau’s suggestions about hiring a reputable roofer in Florida. We’re proud of our Better Business Bureau accreditation and know that our reputation rests on providing a top-quality experience for every customer.
- Know your options- There’s a good chance that skylights have advanced since you last thought about buying them. Check out this HomeTips article for an excellent overview of modern skylight technology and options.
- Provide access- Make it easy for your contractor to access the skylight location inside your home and on top of your roof. There isn’t a contractor in the business who won’t say a silent thank you when you make carrying a ladder through the house a hassle-free experience. Always keep your pets contained in another part of the house.
- Maintenance- Your new skylights will last a lot longer if you give them proper support. Proper upkeep, such as deep cleanings, help to minimize potential damage and will save you money in the long-term. It’s also a smart thought to hire a professional to examine your roof and skylights at least once a year.
Lastly, skylights bring immense pleasure to your life, and skylight replacement is an inevitable part of homeownership. Contact us at Tornado Roofing & Contracting Inc. for complete skylight repair and replacement services in Naples, FL.